Decof bvba is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Decof bvba may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. This policy is effective from 7th April 2014.
What we collect
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information including postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. In particular, for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails relating to new products, special offers and any other information that we think you may find interesting, using the email address you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also contact you to for market research purposes.
- We may contact you by phone, email, fax or post.
- We may use your information to customise the website, according to your interests.
- We may provide your information to our third party partners for marketing or promotional purposes.
- We will never sell your information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This data helps us improve our website. We only use this information for statistical analysis and then the data is removed from the system. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. Although we try to include quality, safe and relevant external links, once you have left our site we no longer have control over your website experience. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide to external sites as they are not governed by our privacy statement. Please exercise caution and always check an individual website's privacy statement.
Controlling your personal information
You may restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, tick the box that indicates that you do not want the information to be used for direct marketing.
- If you have previously agreed that we may use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you can change your mind at any time by changing your contact preferences on our website, by writing to us or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you might find interesting.
- Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 25 may 2018 you can request details of personal information that we hold about you. This will be free of charge. If you would like a copy of the information held about you please write to Decof bvba, Noordkaai 45, 8870 Izegem, Belgium
- If you believe that any of your information is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any incorrect information.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and Decof bvba participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively. Users are advised to use social media wisely and engage in them with due care and caution to protect their own privacy and personal details.
Neither Decof bvba itself nor this website will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media. We encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact us through our primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly to social media platforms. Customers using social sharing buttons do so at their own discretion. Please note that social media platforms may track and save your request to share a web page through your social media account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
Decof bvba and this website may share web links to relevant web pages through their social media accounts. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy URLs [web addresses].
Users are advised to take caution before clicking any shortened URLs published on social media platforms by Decof bvba and this website. Despite our best efforts to ensure only genuine URLs are published, many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore Decof bvba and this website cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.